Saturday 10 October 2009

Blazing Sea Berths.

We'll get to the title in a minute...

Yesterday I decided to cook one of my few vegetarian dishes. The ones that we resort to once the fresh produce has run out, usually after about 10 days. That's pretty much the longest I can keep stuff as we have no Freezer.

Well I must say this one is delicious, in fact I think I prefer it to the meat version, tastier.

So Lentil Shepherd's Pie is one of our favourites;

2 cups lentils, puy or green variety
1 onion chopped
2 cloves garlic crushed
1 can chopped tomatoes
3tbsp tomato puree
grated cheese
mashed potatoes, I used dried

Brown onions and garlic, add the tomatoes, tomato puree, lentils and 1/2 cup water or stock. Simmer for 30mins stirring from time to time.
Put in ovenproof dish. Top with mashed potatoes, grated cheese(generous amount).
Bake at top of oven until golden and crunchy.

Now back to the title, how can I put this delicately? Wind, lots of it! Not being compulsive pulse eaters it can affect the tum in an audible manner. The confined space of the v berth may test your matrimonial compatibility in more ways than you ever wanted to experience....

1 comment:

Cindy Bonham Miller said...

Legumes, Legumes, the musical fruit. The more you eat the more you toot. So eat your Legumes at every meal.