Tuesday 17 March 2009

Cruiser's cabbage.

As the political and economic worlds continue to collapse about our ears the biggest challenge I faced last night was what to cook for supper!

I had been cleaning out the veggie storage and needed to use up some rather sad looking leftovers. Well I devised this cabbage dish that was soooo good that I have to share it. What was particularly good was that the veg I had to use is all stuff that I manage to make last a long time when we are out cruising ( and yes I can still remember what that's like, well just!).

Cruiser's cabbage.

tbsp olive oil
tbsp butter
1 onion, chopped
3 rashers bacon, chopped
1 pepper, deseeded and finely sliced(red one for added colour)
1 jalepeno chili, deseeded and finely sliced
1 head of cabbage sliced


Melt butter with oil in a large pan.
Add the chopped onion and bacon, cook till lightly browned.
Add pepper and chili, cook further minute.
Add cabbage and a tiny amount of water. Cover and simmer gently for approx 10 mins until cooked. Stir and serve with liberal salt and fresh gound black pepper.

Yummy!

No comments: