Thursday 5 August 2010

Spilt coffee...

I started off so well this morning! Up early, ropes soaking in a bucket to fight off the green slime attack. Then I thought I would get some washing in to the machine at the marina, make some coffee and run up a batch of scones to have with the coffee.

So I pop over with my bag of laundry, somebody beat me to it, oh well I'll sit and wait under the cooling electric fan. No problem. Other cruisers appear, general chatter, then the man with the pest control fogger. Oh dear! As cruiser no 1 struggles to explain would he(Foger guy) please not spray in the workshop as he has some varnish work drying TBH arrives with a message from the marina owner to say they will be fogging today so stay out of the Palapa, doh!

Back I trot to the boat. With the rising flood water climbing on and off is becoming a bit of a struggle for my short fat legs...I put the kettle on for the coffe, washed the pot. Made the scones and got them in the oven..Excellent everything coming together nicely. That was my mistake! Bang, over goes the now full coffee pot, emptying the entire contents over the stove, the sink, the floor, me...

What a frigging mess. Coffee grounds are just the worst, especially on the boat, getting stck in all the cracks and crannies.

Oh well could be worse. Got there eventually. Now I have to have a sleep to recover from the trauma....

No comments: