Friday 22 October 2010

Happy Birthday...

..to TBH!

Yes it's the great man's birthday and NO I am not going to tell you how old he is...I value my life.

We had hoped to be in the salt water today but with Tropical Storm threatening to become Hurricane Richard we have decided that discretion is the greater part of valour. So we'll stay put until the current nasty has decided which way he is headed and when.

There have been a couple of good downpours at night so we have managed to top up the water tanks. Fresh food is still going strong. I picked up a tip reading another blog about keeping celery fresh and crisp. We get great stuff here but within 24hours its gone all limp and floppy, even in the fridge. Well all you do is take off any leaves and wrap the stalks tightly in kitchen foil. IT WORKS really, really well. just wish I had bought more of it!

So I am off to bake a cake for the beloved and look at the latest weather updates...

No comments: