Saturday 22 September 2007

In the Beginning............


So, it seemed like a good idea at the time. Start my own Blog. Yeah right! Computer literacy is not one of the skills that I can claim as my own. I can sex a chicken, pluck a goose, present a TV show,cook a good meal, helm a ship,raise a kid,identify English wildflowers and artificially inseminate a cow but suddenly none of those knacks are worth a tinkers cuss.
So bear with me as I learn to navigate my way in new territory and in a new language, I am not the quickest learner so this may take some time............TBH(The Better Half) assures me I will master this Universe, we will see!

It has been three years since we sailed across the Atlantic in our little boat. I am still not sure how that happened, we were going to the Mediterranean but leaving Gibraltar turned right instead of left...doh! Thirty two days at sea with TBH, not a sign of land, another ship or a rescue helicopter. There were long days when I seriously thought I had lost the plot, after all it was only a joke! I now identify totally with Ellen Macarthur's wild crying moments as she sails the wildest oceans, I know just how she felt as the courage you thought would always be there for you disappears into a sad little puddle and drips away........ I met places deep in my psyche that I NEVER want to revisit. Still I made it, in one piece, several stones lighter in weight and with the start of the initial stages of scurvy!

No comments: