Friday 4 June 2010

An essay in joy!

I love food and I love books. I also love synchronicity. Today I have it all...

One of my favourite websites tastespotting led me to this site, Food for thought. What a fantastic idea. Read a book, one with references to food in it. Maybe a novel, a biography or even a cookery book. Write a review, cook the dishes and blog about it. Oh what heaven, what a simply divine concept. I have wasted, no reveled in, hours of reading and note taking this morning. The result a massive list of books I really want to read and fresh enthusiasm for trying some new recipes.
So watch out for  the 'food for thought' logo and indulge yourself.

And then in The Times I found this article. Oh wonderful, a coincidence of the highest magnitude. I am inspired!



“And still she slept in azure-lidded sleep,/ In blanched linen, smooth, and lavender’d,/ While he from forth the closet brought a heap/ Of candied apple, quince, and plum, and gourd;/ With jellies soother than the creamy curd . . .” Keats

2 comments:

Ken said...

A new word for me:

Being sometimes, word challenged, I had to look up the word Synchronicity.

Synchronicity is the experience of two or more events that are apparently causally unrelated occurring together in a meaningful manner. To count as synchronicity, the events should be unlikely to occur together by chance.

What a beautiful word! Thank you for your sensuous and ever captivating blog.

a quiet life said...

i sure hope you join in food for thought, every other saturday, start reading, cooking and taking pics, can't want to SEE what you are reading! i have to tell you its FUN, you will love playing with your food and you never know what you will be eating next~